NJ Hiking: Connect

A Social Network for New Jersey Hiking Enthusiasts

Questions (75)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My First Rattle Snake

Hi, just joined, I love the site, I often use it to find new trails. I've been hiking the Pines for many years, yesterday my dog and I came…

Started by Jack G

2 Nov 5, 2019
Reply by BobN

Lenape Trail

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a physical map of this trail? The Essex County Parks and Recreation office in Newark seems to…

Started by Carly R Blankfein

1 Feb 16, 2017
Reply by njHiking.com

New to the State, Hey - Best Dog-Friendly Trails?

Afternoon, folks. My girlfriend and I just moved to Princeton a few weeks ago with our dog. We were living in Portland, OR before those, s…

Started by Garret Conour

1 Jul 31, 2016
Reply by njHiking.com

GPX for Bass River Batona Reroute?

I need help updating the map of the Batona Trail. I do not have a GPX of the Bass River Reroute starting from the South Trail Head. If any…

Started by Christopher H. Baum

1 May 29, 2015
Reply by Christopher H. Baum

Bears

Given the shocking (and unprecedented) fatal bear attack in Apshawa Preserve, I'm wondering if hikers intend to change their hiking plans (…

Started by AK

11 Oct 11, 2014
Reply by Hank Hall

Appalachian Trail in NJ

Greetings. We are fairly new to hiking and have done only day hikes on loop trails until now. We are hoping to hike some or all of the Appa…

Started by Jody and Pat Walsh

7 Oct 2, 2014
Reply by jerseytrekker

Recommendations for an AT loop with an overnight at Hemlock Pond?

Last spring some buddies and I did fun trip to the DWG and camped at Bear Creek.  The accommodations were pretty much primitive, but its st…

Started by Hank Hall

2 Sep 5, 2014
Reply by TJ Karakowski

Questions

Hey guys I am new to hiking and on this past weekend I hiked peanut leap trail up in alpine and it was really fun. I was wondering what are…

Started by Steve Bernhardt

1 Jul 6, 2014
Reply by njHiking.com

Embarrassed to ask!

Hi NJ Gang! Dopey question - Is camping at Sandy Hook a new thing? For me to live at exit 12 on the turnpike and not know that you can camp…

Started by TJ Karakowski

0 May 30, 2014

Stokes/DWG relics, remnants, and historical artifacts?

Some friends and I are headed up to the DWG to do some camping from May 3rd to 4th.  It's primarily going to be a guys weekend-just a bunch…

Started by Hank Hall

8 May 10, 2014
Reply by Hank Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by njHiking.com.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service