NJ Hiking: Connect

A Social Network for New Jersey Hiking Enthusiasts

Questions (72)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

garmin maps

Just got  a Garmin Etrex 20 for Christmas--trying to find trail maps for north jersey hikes--Stokes-DWG--High point etc. that I can load…

Started by robert warga

8 Apr 16, 2014
Reply by Paul

Grand Canyon Hiking / Backcountry Permits

Hi NJ Hiking Gang! I was curious if anyone here can provide any advice about planning a multiday (3-4 day) backpacking trip of the Grand Ca…

Started by TJ Karakowski

0 Apr 11, 2014

Weekend Hike

I want to go out the last weekend in March, I am just not sure where to go.  I do know I want to go along the AT.  I did the section from B…

Started by Al

7 Mar 28, 2014
Reply by Paul

Overnight parking at Dunnfield Creek

Hi NJ Hiking Gang - Happy 2014. I am considering doing a winter overnight backpacking trip to shoot some photography at Sunfish Pond and te…

Started by TJ Karakowski

1 Jan 22, 2014
Reply by TJ Karakowski

Stokes - short way to the Brink Rd shelter

Hi again, I want to take a brief trip with some "non-hikers" to show them the view from the ridge in Stokes. I doubt we'll be able to do th…

Started by Paul

4 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Hank Hall

2 day hike recommendation

Can anyone advise me on an intermediate overnight hike? I have been doing intermediate day hikes and have been having a lot of fun.  I hav…

Started by Mike R

13 Oct 2, 2013
Reply by Paul

Wharton Trails?

Any recommendations for a decent half day hike in Wharton? I'll be coming from Cherry Hill. Thanks! Mike Guerra

Started by Michael Guerra

1 Sep 25, 2013
Reply by Paul

Curiosity off of the Appalachian Trail in High Point/Stokes

I was combing through some topographic maps looking for old farm roads and remains of old homesteads swallowed up by Stokes, High Point, an…

Started by Hank Hall

5 Sep 21, 2013
Reply by TJ Karakowski

overnight parking on the east side of Harriman

Can anyone give me some suggestions for for places to park along the east side of Harriman Park? We have camped in a bunch of places along…

Started by Paul

5 Sep 16, 2013
Reply by frank olear

Best View in Harriman

So I was kinda shocked to see September's issue of Backpacker Magazine list the d*mn "Egg" at Harriman as the the "best vista" in New York.…

Started by TJ Karakowski

3 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by frank olear

RSS

© 2017   Created by njHiking.com.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service