NJ Hiking: Connect

A Social Network for New Jersey Hiking Enthusiasts

Questions (75)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

We saw something sad today.

Today we decided to take some friends with us to hike the Hamilton/Pioneer trail loop near Millbrook at the DWG.  We were irritated to find…

Started by Beth and Dave

4 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by Paul

Any good hikes in the Morris/Hunterdon area that wouldn't be hindered by hunting?

Are there any good parks to hike in around this time of year where you don't have to watch out too much for the hunting programs? I usually…

Started by Erik Fecher

2 Jan 4, 2013
Reply by njHiking.com

Harriman : Any Info Re Red Cross Trail Stream Crossing Condition?

Planning on doing combo of TC's hike HERE and Daniela intended hike HERE this Saturday.  Came across this note on TC's trail conditions' up…

Started by Linda Frank

0 Dec 12, 2012

Southern NJ: 1-night backpack

Hey folks, My buddy and I have done quite a few weekend backpacks in the highlands, but it would be nice to change things up a little with…

Started by Paul

3 Oct 13, 2012
Reply by Tom

Abandoned Town Hiking

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone happens to know the access point to get to the trails that lead through the Pine Barrons (I believe…

Started by Ami Menz

6 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by Ami Menz

Journalist looking for information about bear encounters.

Hi All: I haven't been on here is a while, nice to be back, the only thing better would be hiking out in those NJ trails. Anyway, since I'm…

Started by Dennis R. Blanchard

2 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Dennis R. Blanchard

Overnight Hike Loop

Does anyone know of a good 2 day hike that is a loop or in other words doesnt back track on the next day? I hike alone and having someone p…

Started by Dan Piwowar

2 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Paul

More Snake ID's Please

Two Sundays ago, we did the 10.5+ mile Schunemunk Mtn. circuit. We'd already crossed paths (or they crossed ours depending on your perspect…

Started by Linda Frank

1 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Paul

Help with MT. Minsi hike please!!!

Hello everyone! I am brand new hiker just getting into the scene and this is my first post here. In the late spring I did the Mt Tammany hi…

Started by Joseph Cybulski

3 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by Joseph Cybulski

HELLO AND A ?

Hi all. I'm very pleased to have found this site/group. Information here helped me to plan the most enjoyable weekend of my summer. Thanks…

Started by Gabe Berkey

1 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by njHiking.com.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service