NJ Hiking: Connect

A Social Network for New Jersey Hiking Enthusiasts

Questions (75)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Harriman Hikes On The "Milder" Side?

Harriman seems to be the area of choice this weekend in order to be a few steps ahead of those alleged isolated/scattered thunderstorms pre…

Started by Linda Frank

3 Jul 14, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

Hot Hiking

Wondering if hiking is still on your schedules during these beastly, bloody hot days? We so covet the precious weekend time for hikes that…

Started by Linda Frank

4 Jul 1, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

Van Campens Glen, what's the true deal?

Is the trail closed?  Is it negotiable?  Is the park service ever planning on opening it again?  (Didn't look that way when we were there.)…

Started by Beth and Dave

4 May 23, 2012
Reply by Beth and Dave

kittatinny map #123-question

my wife and i wanted to hike the Lenape Ridge -Minisink loop in NY just past the end of rt. 23-but couldn't find a trailhead at either en…

Started by robert warga

1 May 8, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

Catskills or Fahnestock?

If you had a choice for a three-day weekend of hiking within the next few weeks, which area would you choice to focus upon: The Catskills o…

Started by Linda Frank

7 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by Linda Frank

Wet Weather Hiking?

Had a couple of really interesting hikes planned for this weekend, but the weather apparently isn't going to cooperate.  Pity because most…

Started by Linda Frank

2 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by Linda Frank

best place for half day hike with view from mountains

Hello fellow hikers. I don't have time for a multi-day trip and I won't have my equipment here for another few months anyway so I am lookin…

Started by Kyle G

4 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Kyle G

Iphone Pocket Ranger App

Was wondering if anybody else has downloaded the NJ State Park app on the Iphone (its run by Pocket Ranger, so you have to search under tha…

Started by William and Marieann Bannan

1 Mar 24, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

Raptors & Ridge trails

Anyone have any suggestions for good hikes this spring that will put me in a good position for  hawk watching? I'm thinking that I'd like t…

Started by Paul

9 Mar 24, 2012
Reply by matthew logue

Newark Watershed?

Anyone here hike the watershed?  I am going to make my way to their offices to buy the hiking permit (you have to go in person, during the…

Started by Hank Hall

4 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by njHiking.com.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service