NJ Hiking: Connect

A Social Network for New Jersey Hiking Enthusiasts

Uncategorized (26)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In Search Of Snow

Since New Jersey continues to be uncooperative with adequate snowfall to reliably snowshoe, we're off to the wa-a-a-ay northern regions of…

Started by Linda Frank

3 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

bellaplain on presidents day weekend.

ok folks, got the camper packed, gear stowed and we [my wife, granddaughter and self] are off to bellaplain this weekend. going to stay in…

Started by jim miller

2 Feb 20, 2012
Reply by jim miller

wildlife on and off the trail!

hey folks, happy new year! i was at work today [i work on a 750acre golf coarse in jackson] i saw 32 turkeys, an unmentionable amount of fu…

Started by jim miller

7 Jan 21, 2012
Reply by jim miller

To Slip Or Not To Slip?

That's more rhetorical than anything else because who really wants to slip on icy trails? The possibility of icy conditions on a recent hik…

Started by Linda Frank

7 Jan 21, 2012
Reply by Linda Frank

My Encounter With A "Rock Star" On The Trail

I'm always seeing things that aren't really there.  No not hallucinating just that I see images, animals, faces, etc. in clouds, root struc…

Started by Linda Frank

6 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Daniela Wagstaff

Another year, another hike, this time the Camino de Santiago

Hi All: Just wanted to wish everyone a great new year in 2012. Even though I'm sitting here in Sarasota, Florida in 70­° weather, my heart…

Started by Dennis R. Blanchard

3 Jan 2, 2012
Reply by njHiking.com

Interesting Read of Young Woman's AT Journey

Came across this article/post through online Snowshoe Magazine.  (Yes, it's getting close to that time of the season again).  'WALK WITH TH…

Started by Linda Frank

0 Dec 22, 2011

Brendan Byrne State Park

My brother and I decided to hike around Brendan Bryne State Park. I wanted to try out a GPS tracker for my phone (Open GPS Tracker for Andr…

Started by Eric Lansing

3 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by Eric Lansing

In Google Maps we trust

Great little article from the Mother Nature Network (mnn.com) about the reliability of Google Maps: http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/bl

Started by Joseph Collins

0 Jul 17, 2011

How not to hike

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/125143/37/Six-Hikers-Rescued-from-Zoar-Valley

Started by Joseph Collins

2 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by Joseph Collins

RSS

© 2024   Created by njHiking.com.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service