NJ Hiking: Connect

A Social Network for New Jersey Hiking Enthusiasts

We are heading to Delaware Water Gap and High Point in 2 weeks, and were going to make a side trip to Hacklebarney (which we have hiked and loved) and Schooley's Mountain... is Schooley's Mountain worth the side trip?

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hiked some of it in the winter in about 8-12 inches of snow so kind of hard to tell what it would be like in the summer. From Hacklebarney you would also be very close to Black River County Park, which I liked a lot. I would suggest driving over to park at the Kay Environmental Center for hiking the Conifer Pass Trail if you don't want to do the whole trail from the Cooper Grist Mill. Here are some pictures and a map link: http://gonehikin.blogspot.com/2010/05/black-river-county-park-morri...
We did Pyramid Mountain with Tripod Rock in the morning and then headed over to Schooley's on a hot, humid afternoon. We liked it. THe floating bridge was interesting. The walk through the glen along the stream was nice too.
Thanks for the responses.. we did the hike and it was good, except it was 95 degrees (tough summer for hiking this year).. it was worth the side trip.. thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by njHiking.com.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service