NJ Hiking: Connect

A Social Network for New Jersey Hiking Enthusiasts

Questions (75)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

overnight parking on the east side of Harriman

Can anyone give me some suggestions for for places to park along the east side of Harriman Park? We have camped in a bunch of places along…

Started by Paul

5 Sep 16, 2013
Reply by frank olear

Best View in Harriman

So I was kinda shocked to see September's issue of Backpacker Magazine list the d*mn "Egg" at Harriman as the the "best vista" in New York.…

Started by TJ Karakowski

3 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by frank olear

NJ1K?

It looks like the NJ1K website is no longer working. While you can reach the site, you can't log-in. I know there are a few other NJ1K memb…

Started by Brom Vermeulen

4 Sep 3, 2013
Reply by Brom Vermeulen

Bass River State Forest Camping?

Anyone camped in/around Bass River State Forest lately?  I'm headed down there this weekend with some friends.  We're staying at a private…

Started by Hank Hall

1 Sep 2, 2013
Reply by Paul

1st time hiker

Hi all. I was hoping I could get some reccomendations on my first loop hike. I'm a total newbie. I've never hiked before. I am still in the…

Started by Mike R

8 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Mike R

Schooley's Mountain Park

Since I frequent Schooley's Mtn, living in town, I have noticed a few things that have changed in the past couple years that the maps don't…

Started by Erik Fecher

0 Jul 6, 2013

Mountain hike suggestions?

Hi all! I'm relatively new to NJ and looking to do some hiking this summer. I would love to hear any suggestions you all might have for 4-1…

Started by Ellie

6 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Paul

Stokes next weekend

I am going up to Stokes next weekend with my son, this will be his first overnight.  I am not sure if we will stay at the shelter or at a c…

Started by Al

3 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Paul

Best cellphone For Hiking

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm going to come out of the closet and tell you guys (my internet hiking friends), first:  I still have…

Started by TJ Karakowski

3 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Paul

Cushetunk Mountain Preserve/Round Valley

I'm looking for a family hike to do this weekend with my wife, our toddler (in a Kelty carrier), and the dog.  We hike the family trail at…

Started by Hank Hall

2 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Hank Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by njHiking.com.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service